Impact of Prison Education Programs
This month a report released by the National Conference of State Legislatures highlights several sobering statistics about incarcerated people and the impact postsecondary programs have in prisons:
Report: Test-Only Admissions Reduce Diversity On Campus
The Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University released a new dataset showing how college campuses would change if students at the top 200 colleges were admitted only based on the highest SAT scores.
Study: Decreased State Support, Fewer Degrees
When states decrease investment in public higher education, fewer bachelor's degrees are awarded, according to a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Girls More Likely to Attend Four-Year Institutions, Survey Finds
A survey finds that of 59 percent of teenagers who planned to attend a four-year college, a greater percentage were girls (68 percent) versus boys (51 percent).
International Enrollment in Canada Increases
Between 2017-2018, Canada increased its international student enrollment by 16 percent, according to the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
The Impact of Tribal Colleges
Tribal colleges are immensely influential to Native American students, especially when compared to non-native colleges, as researched by the Center for Community College Student Engagement.
Report: Top Impediments to Student Success
Balancing work and school and paying expenses are the main impediments community college students say are impeding their success, according to the Revealing Institutional Strengths and Challenges (RISC) survey.
DOE Releases Dual Enrollment Figures
The Department of Education recently released a study showing that approximately one third of high schoolers have taken a dual enrollment course.
MBAs See Drop in Applications
More than 105 of 150 business schools surveyed noted a drop in applicants in 2018, according to a recent study conducted by Kaplan Test Prep.
More Articles ...
- Candidates with 'Hybrid Skills' Wanted
- Foreign Language Enrollment Continues to Drop
- States Investing More in Higher Ed
- Survey: Employers Bullish About Domestic MBA Hires; Bearish on International Hiring
- Survey: More "Soft Skills" Wanted from Employers
- Is Student Debt Preventing Grads from Home Ownership?
- Study: There Are Economic Benefits for Educating the Incarcerated
- ABA Pushing to Link Bar Passage Requirements for Law Schools
- Study: Veterans Underrepresented at Prestigious Institutions
- Study: More College Students are Food Insecure