For more than 30 years, the RW Jones Agency has been one of the nation’s leading public relations agencies for clients in the education space. As a full-service strategic communications firm, we support clients communicating on critical issues—providing crisis communications support and proactive public relations programs.
The RW Jones Agency is seeking a talented public relations professional to join our team as an account executive. The account executive is responsible for developing strategy, overseeing and supporting account teams and driving implementation of media relations and thought leadership tactics for education clients. The account executive may also play a pivotal role in assisting with additional strategic communications assignments, which could include message and identity work, content development, and projects related to owned and social media.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing deliverables on multiple client accounts. S/he will possess competencies in the following areas:
• Partner closely with clients to understand their priorities, identify key objectives and target audiences and execute their communication vision.
• Effectively lead team meetings and client calls
• Track progress and ensure accountability to deadlines and milestones
• Manage client needs and expectations
Public and Media Relations
• Demonstrate strong research and interview skills
• Possess excellent writing capabilities, including an ability to write quickly, persuasively and clearly in a variety of styles and on a wide variety of topics -- at times on tight or unexpected deadlines
• Cultivate and maintain media relationships, especially with national and trade media
• Possess media savvy in areas important to higher education
• Demonstrated ability to manage relationships
• A strong understanding of the higher education marketplace is helpful, but not required.
Management and Leadership
• Be an effective leader, communicator and problem-solver.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
• Be flexible and adaptable, with a willingness to undertake both low- and high-profile tasks with enthusiasm and energy
• Take initiative and work independently as well as in a team
Experience as a successful writer in a journalism or academic context and/or experience at institutions of higher education strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Overview & Background
For more than 30 years, the RW Jones Agency has been one of the nation’s leading public relations agencies for clients in the education space. As a strategic communications firm, we support clients communicating on critical issues—providing crisis communications support and proactive public relations programs. We help spark dialogue and debate on the issues that are changing our world. The agency is headquartered in McMurray, PA, but has offices located in Los Angeles, Washington, DC and New England. This position would report to the firm’s executive leadership team based in McMurray, PA and can be a telecommute position for the right candidate.
Posted: June 24, 2018