Girls More Likely to Attend Four-Year Institutions, Survey Finds
A survey finds that of 59 percent of teenagers who planned to attend a four-year college, a greater percentage were girls (68 percent) versus boys (51 percent).
International Enrollment in Canada Increases
Between 2017-2018, Canada increased its international student enrollment by 16 percent, according to the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
The Impact of Tribal Colleges
Tribal colleges are immensely influential to Native American students, especially when compared to non-native colleges, as researched by the Center for Community College Student Engagement.
Report: Top Impediments to Student Success
Balancing work and school and paying expenses are the main impediments community college students say are impeding their success, according to the Revealing Institutional Strengths and Challenges (RISC) survey.
DOE Releases Dual Enrollment Figures
The Department of Education recently released a study showing that approximately one third of high schoolers have taken a dual enrollment course.
MBAs See Drop in Applications
More than 105 of 150 business schools surveyed noted a drop in applicants in 2018, according to a recent study conducted by Kaplan Test Prep.
Candidates with 'Hybrid Skills' Wanted
In a new report from Burning Glass Technologies, hybrid jobs, which combine two previously unrelated skills together, are more frequently being seen in job postings.
Foreign Language Enrollment Continues to Drop
Enrollment in foreign languages dropped 9.2 percent, and foreign language offerings dropped 5.3 percent at colleges and universities between fall 2013 and fall 2016, according to a study conducted by the Modern Language Association.
States Investing More in Higher Ed
State legislatures are investing more in higher education, according to an annual study conducted by researchers at Illinois State University.
More Articles ...
- Survey: Employers Bullish About Domestic MBA Hires; Bearish on International Hiring
- Survey: More "Soft Skills" Wanted from Employers
- Is Student Debt Preventing Grads from Home Ownership?
- Study: There Are Economic Benefits for Educating the Incarcerated
- ABA Pushing to Link Bar Passage Requirements for Law Schools
- Study: Veterans Underrepresented at Prestigious Institutions
- Study: More College Students are Food Insecure
- Survey: Will OER Lead to a Decrease in Use of Textbooks?
- 2018: Year in Review
- DeVos Says Higher Ed Due for “Rethink”